FX Lumber Guard retardant for Interior Wood
- Usually Ships in 1 to 2 Business Days
FX Lumber Guard Fire Retardant Coating is formulated for interior fireproofing wood, Lumber, Plywood, Reclaimed Wood, OSB, MDF, Trusses, Truss Joists, I-Joists, Trim, Moldings, Doors, Cabinets, Wood Framing, Furniture and many others.
FX Lumber Guard is perfect where you need a clear retardant with a One Hour Fire Rating, such as floor/ceiling assemblies
- 'Class A Retardant' according to ASTM E84 & ASTM 2768 Extended 30 Minute Test
- ASTM E119 - 1 hour rating
- ASTM E119 I-Joist IRC 501.3 17 minute rated
- Intertek certified, tested and listed
- Meets 16 CFR 1500.3 FHSA of the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) as Non-Hazardous / Non-Toxic
- One Coat Application
- Coverage rate 300-350 sq ft per gallon
- CalFire Listed
- Can be stained or painted over after dry
- Red colorant available
- Comes with documentation for fire marshal.
Fire Retardant for I-Joist, SYP, Rim Board, PSL, LVL, Glulams, Wood, Lumber & Plywood: Yellow Pine, Oak, Cedar, Redwood, SPF, OSB, Fir, MDF, Particle Board and other porous species of softwoods / hardwoods & sheathings.
Material to be treated must be clean & dry before treating. Agitate product before and during application. Apply FX Lumber Guard as it is received. FX Lumber Guard maybe sprayed on with a low pressure hand pump sprayer, rolled on with paint roller or brushed on with a paint brush at a rate of 300-350 sf per gallon depending on material being treated. (Vertical spraying) Start from the bottom and work up as there is less run off this way. Multiple coats may be necessary. If so, wait for the first coat to dry completely (12-32 hrs depending on weather) before applying other coats. Rinse equipment & wash hands with soap and water.