PolaPrime 2 Primer
POLAPRIME 2 is an aquaborne, single component PVC/acrylic primer that is highly effective over asphaltic and cementitious surfaces. It penetrates deeply and coalesces to promote superior adhesion of the coatings to be applied. POLAPRIME 2 is a primer/sealer that improves the cohesive strength of weak substrates to improve adhesion of coatings.
- Consolidates fragile surfaces for maximum adhesion
- Removes substrate air pockets to prevent bubbles and pinholes
- Has rheology adjusted for optimum coverage and penetration
- Rapid drying reduces dirt pickup and meteorological interruptions
- Gives maximum bond performance between substrate and topcoat
- Highly cost effective and performance designed
- Protects against staining from the substrate migrating to the surface coating
- Encapsulates well adhered coating remnants
- Fire retardant
- Improves adhesion of coatings to concrete, wood, asphalt, mineral
composites, and synthetic or mineral insulation
Surfaces must be free of dirt, loose debris, oil, grease, or other substances that would interfere with bond. It is advisable to have the surface as dry as possible. All repairs of damage or defects must be made prior to coating. Stir thoroughly for 3 minutes, then keep the can covered whenever possible to prevent contaminating the primer.
Apply by spray, roller, or brush. Roller and brush techniques provide best penetration and performance results. For roller application, use a medium or short nap roller. For brush application, use a nylon bristle brush. Apply POLAPRIME 2 only to cover the surface. It is not advisable to pour POLAPRIME 2 straight onto the surface. Apply the appropriate surface coating as
soon as possible after thoroughly drying to prevent contamination of the surface, ideally within 2 days. If the POLAPRIME 2 has been left exposed for more than 7 days, the surface must be cleaned thoroughly to remove all dirt and contaminants.
Application temperature must be above 45°F (air temperature) and the surface temperature must be 5° above dewpoint for thorough drying to occur. As soon as the POLAPRIME 2 is touch‐dry, it may be coated immediately. Drying time is in the range of 10 to 30 minutes, depending on temperature and humidity.
If an area becomes damaged, remove loose substrate and coatingand clean the damaged area. Repair the substrate and re‐prime, then topcoat with a finish coating to match the surrounding area. Clean tools and equipment with water before the POLAPRIME 2 dries; after that, solvent cleaning may be necessary.