Andek PolaSeal EFM is a durable, waterproof, fire-retardant clear-coat for both interior and exterior wood. For wood decks that require a time rating, you can pair it with a time-rated saturant and top-coat it with PolaSeal. It penetrates the wood and then cures by reaction with air to lock itself into the pore structure of the wood. POLASEAL EFM contains a proven fire retardant to reduce flame spread in the event of a fire, and a blend of special preservatives to fight against the causes of decay.
- Provides protection from water penetration and fire damage
- Nochar (R), a proven flame retardant, and a blend of water repellents and anti-oxidants
- Resists breakdown from UV rays, microbiological activity, pollutants and chemicals
- Actives will not evaporate, migrate, or wash away after treatment
- Allows the treated surface to breathe, preventing water entrapment
- Repels water, contains active fungicides, and retards rot and aging discoloration on wood
- Low odor, very low toxicity, easy handling and clean-up, environmentally safe
- Improves the dimensional stability of wood and fiber composites
- Allows wood to retain its natural look
- Class B rated per ASTM E84, and can work in conjunction with FR saturants
Coverage: Approximate 100 to 200 sq ft/gal, depending upon substrate
POLASEAL EFM is designed as a single coat treatment; however, a 2nd coat is often beneficial for some types of wood. Surfaces to be treated must be clean and free of loose debris, dirt, mildew, oils and grease. The surface may be damp but not wet. A dry surface is preferable since it will allow maximum penetration of POLASEAL EFM into the substrate. Previously painted, stained or treated surfaces may reduce treatment penetration. It is advisable to do a test area on previously treated wood surfaces to assure adequate performance.
Application: Apply EFM by brush, roller or low pressure spray technique. Brush and roller techniques are more effective in aiding the product penetration of the wood surface. Fully saturate the surface with POLASEAL EFM. When spraying a vertical area, apply enough material to generate a slight rundown of product. For a horizontal surface, start at one edge and work backward toward the opposite edge, applying enough POLASEAL EFM to saturate the surface. The wood surfaces must be permitted to dry after treatment for proper cure to take place. Full cure develops over a 2 week period.
Spray Application: For spray applications, use HVLP spray equipment.
Clean up: Clean tools immediately after application with water.
Limitations: Any previously tested, stained or painted surface must have a test application to assure compatibility. A test application is also recommended if exact coverage figures are required. Thoroughly stir or shake EFM before using. Do not apply to a frosted or saturated surface. Do not apply if precipitation is forecast within 8 hours. Do not spray in strong wind conditions. It is strongly advised to protect adjacent shrubbery from overspray. Overspray will not affect most glass, metal or painted surfaces if removed shortly after application. Remove any overspray from glass, metal or vinyl surfaces immediately after application by wiping with a damp cloth, followed by wiping with glass cleaner.
Read the container label warning and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for important health and safety information prior to the use of this product.