POLAROOF RAC is a single component urethane coating, modified with bright aluminum flakes and fire retardant chemicals. It is especially designed as a waterproofing membrane for all kinds of roofing. POLAROOF RAC is tough and elastic with a high tensile strength and good puncture resistance, and contains corrosion-inhibiting pigments for protection against rust and acid rain. POLAROOF RAC is approved by Underwriters Laboratories® (UL) and Factory Mutual Research Corporation® (FM). Rated Class A for fire resistance per ASTM E108, Standard Test Methods of Fire Tests for Roof Coverings.
- Produces a fully adhered, seamless, high density, waterproofing membrane.
- Helps reduce energy costs by providing both solar reflection and radiant heat reflection.
- Protects substrate against rust, corrosion, UV damage and acid rain.
- Easy to apply straight out of the container by brush, roller, or airless spray.
- May be used on vertical, pitched and horizontal surfaces and withstands ponding water.
- Lightweight membrane does not require removal old roofing materials, saving time and money.
- Produces a waterproof surface that will not be deteriorated by fungal growth or algae.
- Remains flexible, tough and weatherproof at low temperatures and will not flow at high temperatures.
- Rapidly develops high tensile strength.
- Will not re-emulsify or wash away with rainwater.
- Will not become brittle and crack with age.
- Can easily be recoated.
- Ten year material warranty.
Can be used over asphalt BUR, coal tar BUR, concrete, foam, EPDM, glass, insulation, most metals, modified bitumen, wood, masonry, plywood, PUF, PVC/TPO/hypalon, single-ply, slate/tile and other approved surfaces.
Approximate 33 - 50 sq ft/gal, depending upon substrate
1 gallon, 5 gallon, 55 gallon (call for pricing)
Reinforcing over seams on metal roofs is achieved by embedding ROOFAB (mesh fabric) into a fresh coat of POLAROOF RAC applied at 15 to 25 mils wet thickness. The fabric is then brushed thoroughly to squeeze the POLAROOF RAC upwards to remove all voids, fishmouths and dry spots. A second coat is then applied to seal the surface of the fabric. Bolt heads on metal roofs should be daubed with sufficient POLAROOF RAC that they are encapsulated to the point of rundown. As soon as the POLAROOF RAC has dried, it may be coated with POLAROOF RAC or other compatible topcoat.
Application over E.P.D.M., modified and other rubber roofs requires the preparation detailed above, including reinforcement of seams. Some types of rubbers will swell slightly immediately upon application. This is normal, the adhesion process is complete when the original dimensions have returned. New urethane foam should receive 2 coats of POLAROOF RAC at 15 mils wet thickness per coat. Sudden precipitation will not wash POLAROOF RAC off when wet or newly applied, but will produce a mottled, dull appearance that is not detrimental to overall appearance. POLAROOF RAC should never be applied to a wet or damp surface, or pinholes may result.