FireBuster Fire Blanket
A 36" X 36" blanket treated with Flame Safe’s fire retardant chemical. The FIREBUSTER is sealed in an easy-to-open disposable plastic bag, it is always ready to use. In testing, FIREBUSTER has shown not to burn at temperature exceeding 2000°F. Placing a FIREBUSTER over a fire will cut off the flow of oxygen thereby extinguishing the fire. It will eliminate the heavy smoke, while filtering the remainder. Ideal for stove top grease fires. Heavy-Duty Commercial - Industrial FIREBUSTERs™ are available in 36" X 36" and 28" X 54" sizes or larger on special orders.
Commercial: Hotels, Motels, Restaurants
Many cooking fires occur during food preparation when the cooking equipment is left unattended. if a fire occurs, use the FIREBUSTER™ instead of relying on fire extinguishers or sprinkler systems. This can help prevent food products from being destroyed, time loss due to clean-up, and loss of business sales.
Industrial: Auto Body Repair Shops, Welders, Marinas
The FIREBUSTER™ can be safely used to protect interiors and other areas from fire. When working with such items as torches or welding equipment, the FIREBUSTER™ prevents sparks from igniting flammable items; hot slag will not burn through.
Residential/Office: Kitchen stove top grease fires, Waste basket fires, Camping, Charcoal grills, Recreational Vehicles
IF FIRE OCCURS:
- Turn off the heat source.
- FIREBUSTER™ may be used to cover the pan, grill, or deep fryer containing the fire.
- Open the plastic bag, remove the FIREBUSTER™ unfold it completely. Hold the FIREBUSTER™ by the upper of two corners, hold at shoulder length in front of your body. Calmly move the FIREBUSTER™ towards the flames and cover it completely (from body to flame). Be sure the FIREBUSTER™ is stretched over the utensil containing the fire so that it does not sag to the center allowing the hot combustible liquid to penetrate the FIREBUSTER™.
- The FIREBUSTER™ must cover the utensil containing the fire completely. Incomplete coverage can allow oxygen in, and that could keep the fire going.
CAUTION MUST BE TAKEN WHEN APPLYING THE FIREBUSTER™; IF USED IMPROPERLY, THE FIREBUSTER™ MAY BECOME IMPREGNATED WITH GREASE THAT COULD POSSIBLY IGNITE.
- It will require approximately 15 minutes for the oil in a heated cooking utensil to be cooled to a temperature which will prevent re-ignition.
- If flaming persists, call Fire Department.
CAUTION: Do not wash or dry clean. After use of FIREBUSTER™, the product should be discarded; more than one use may reduce the chemical.