What is this Fire Protection Paint?
Andek FireGard is a waterproof, fire proof paint that is an extremely durable coating that is especially useful for treating exterior wood. It also serves both as a 5-minute ignition barrier and a 15-minute thermal barrier over Spray Foam Insulation (SPF), and is one of the only coatings that can go over exterior SPF. FireGard also withstands exposure to harsh outdoor weather and may be repeatedly washed without damage. Available in 24 standard colors.
Makes an excellent coating for wood or composite decks.
FireGard can also be used as a waterproof topcoat over time-rated fire retardant coatings like Contego, where a time-rated retardant is required to meet code in exterior situations. For example, if a structure is within 5 feet of a property line or another structure, and you need a one-hour rating. Use Contego to get your hour rating, then topcoat that with FireGard.
- Extremely durable, waterproof, fire-retardant intumescent coating
- Waterproof coating can be repeatedly washed and withstands weather in all climates
- Proven fire protection over a wide range of surfaces.
- Waterproof coating can be repeatedly washed and withstands weather in all climates.
- For interior and exterior use. Forms a vapor barrier.
- Tests passed: E84-04, NFPA 255, ESR-1172, ASTM E84-Class A
- Brings existing and new structures into compliance with building and fire codes.
- Contains fungicide to protect surface from microbiological activity.
- Low odor during application and negligible bounce-back from overspray.
- Develops strength rapidly after application
- May be used on vertical, pitched and horizontal surfaces.
- Remains flexible, tough and weatherproof at low temperatures and will not flow at high temperatures.
- Available in a wide range of standard and custom colors. Available in 1 gallon and 5 gallon pails.
Normal application for most surfaces will require 1 gallon per 100 square feet (16 wet mils = 10 dry mils). Where additional protection is necessary, two coats at 120 square feet per gallon per coat will provide an overall coverage of 60 square feet per gallon (27 wet mils = 17 dry mils).
All surfaces to be coated must be clean, dry and free of loose particles, oils, grease or any substance that would interfere with proper bond. A careful inspection of the surface should be made to detect any signs of damage or defects, and all repairs should be completed before application begins.
Application for this Fire Resistant Paint
ANDEK FIREGARD may be applied using brush, roller or airless spray technique. Normal application for most surfaces will require 1 gallon per 100 square feet (16 wet mils = 10 dry mils). Where additional protection is necessary, two coats at 120 square feet per gallon per coat will provide an overall coverage of 60 square feet per gallon (27 wet mils = 17 dry mils).
For spray application use 30:1 airless pump, 3/8" short hose and 33 tip
Tools may be cleaned using water while the product is still wet. If the material has dried, a suitable cleaning solvent may be used.