CharCoat 90 Minute Retardant Paint for Wire & Cable
- Usually Ships in 24 to 48 Hours
Frequently bought together:
CharCoat is an FM-Approved Intumescent Latex Cable Coating that stops fire from spreading on the cable surface at the source and simultaneously increases the fire resistance of the Electrical Power, Control or Communication Cable (single, grouped or in tray) for 90 minutes under IEC 60331-11/21 (750°C).
As an Intumescent Coating, CharCoat CC protects through Insulation, expanding under heat to form an insulating char (up to 700%) that continues to insulate and protect the cable under fire for a period of time. CharCoat CC is an Intumescent Latex and 100% UV stable, and can be applied to exterior cables (salt water exposure testing to FM3971 / UV stability test completed 2016). It is perfect for full exterior application.
UV rays are quite damaging to electrical cable sheaths, but applying CharCoat CC on exterior cable will extend the lifetime of any cable without failure. Lifetime extension of the cable is paramount in facilities where re-cabling costs are sometimes financially crippling, but required. In coating the cables with CharCoat CC, facilities protect the sheath from damaging UV rays and can, in most cases, extend the lifetime of the cable up to 15 years.
- FM3971 – No Deration
- IEC 60331-11/21 – 750°C (HV)
- IEC 60331-11/21 – 1100°C
- IEEE-383 – Flammability Test
- ASTM E 84 Flammability Test
- ASTM E162
- ASSTM D4256-83 Nuclear Test
- ASTM D2565 UV Stability Test
RECOMMENDED: Graco Airless spray units such as HD, Sprayer, XTR or similar units under Wiwa brand and for smaller applications Graco Merkur.
- BlueMax II hoses of dimensions 3/8" and 1/4" is used to connect the Airless spray pump with the gun. The hoses are fitted with 1 pc gun filter housing and 1 pc swivel for improved maneuverability at the gun.
Spray Guns and Tips
- Application is carried out by the use of a Graco Silver Plus Gun with a two finger trigger which provides the best gun control while spraying. This gun is fitted with a RAC 5 switch tip 317/325. This tip is fitted with a tip guard Rack 5 Handtite tip guard.
- *For application in difficult to reach areas we use Graco pole gun extensions to create different length pole guns. You should always have a range of tip sizes on hand at a job site since cable tray and single and grouped cable, hose length, vertical lift, and job site conditions all impact spray patterns.
- A material temperature of +5oC is recommended for optimal spraying behavior
- Thinning is not required, but If needed thinning with max. 3% of water
- Recommended operating pressure: 200 - 250 bar
- Recommended tip sizes: 0.023" – 0.027"
- Approx. 3.0 mm wet = 1.6 mm dry = approx. 3.46 kg/m2
- Tip extensions with swivel ends can be used to reach inaccessible areas.
- At 20°C/69°F object temperature and 65% relative humidity at least 24 hours between each coat.
- Touch dry: approx. 2 hours
- Full cure: approx. 24-48 hours
- Lower temperatures, higher relative humidity, insufficient air movement and different fire protection coating thicknesses can prolong drying time.